Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Compliance
Welcome to the DMCA Notice page of Rushguides. We take intellectual property rights seriously and are committed to complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). This page outlines our procedures for addressing claims of copyright infringement on our website and how individuals or entities can report such infringements.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used or shared on Rushguides without proper authorization, you may submit a DMCA Notice to us. Your notice should include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, along with information reasonably sufficient to locate the material.
- Information for us to contact you, such as an email address, telephone number, or physical address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please send your DMCA Notice to [email address], with “DMCA Notice” in the subject line.
If you believe that the material you posted on Rushguides was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification, you may file a Counter-Notification. Your Counter-Notification should include:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located within your jurisdiction and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the DMCA Notice or an agent of such person.
Please send your Counter-Notification to [email address], with “Counter-Notification” in the subject line.
Please Note: Submitting a false DMCA Notice or Counter-Notification may result in legal liability. If you are unsure about whether your use of material is protected by copyright law, we recommend that you consult with legal counsel before submitting a notice or counter-notice.
We respect intellectual property rights and appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain a platform that respects those rights.
The Rushguides Team